Trailer Talk: It's Oscar Weekend, that's like a holiday, isn't it?

Somewhere along the way, I lost a week. I mean, I'd swear I set it down RIGHT THERE and now it's gone! Disappeared amongst the single socks and stray keys. I know it will turn up as soon as I stop looking for it.

You may remember that a couple of weeks ago, I very seriously asked

what if the winner of the Best Picture award were selected solely by it's trailer. Obviously, a lot more effort would go into them, but that's not what I mean. And I don't mean, what was the best trailer of last year. Just, looking at the trailer, if that was ALL you had to go on, who would win?

I asked and *YOU* answered!

That's right, it's time to reveal the Official Trailer Talk Best Picture Oscar Prediction Based Solely On The Film's Trailer(tm)!

With a solid 44.44% of the vote, it's a lock! The winner will be Milk!

*insert celebration here. maybe a balloon drop if the money is available. that remind me, I need to ask Fletch what my budget is for this sort of thing*

Congratulations all around to Sean Penn and Gus Van Sant for their tremendous work. Enjoy that award guys, you earned it!

And, in the interest of transparency and full disclosure, here are the final results:

Milk  44.44%
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button  33.33%
Frost/Nixon  11.11%
The Reader  5.56%
Slumdog Millionaire  5.56%

And, don't forget, today is the last day to vote for Best Trailer!