Trailer Talk: Have You Heard?

Apparently there is a movie coming out this week called Watchmen. Have you heard anything about it? I think it's about a wacky mall cops who fix watches in their spare time. Or, it might be about a voyueristic futuristic society where people no longer do anything, instead they just sit around watching other people doing exciting and interesting things. No, that's something else. That's something I read or saw. I can't remember. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? Can someone tell me what it is from that?

In all seriousness, I think I'd be doing us all a disservice to let something like Watchmen go by with nary a comment. I mean, this is a hugely anticipated flick. It's to the point that I've gotten sick of Watchmen. I'm just done with it. There's too much hype for it. And, I'll probably go see it next week.



The problem is...well, I'm scared. I liked the graphic novel, and I think I still fall into the 'it's unfilmable' camp on this one. I'm hoping I'll see it and I'm sure that I'll enjoy it. I will. I like special effects driven movies. Hell, I even like Zack Snyder's movies. I just don't have high hopes for him 'getting it right'.

I'm excited though. I'm excited that it's finally coming out, I'm excited to see it, and maybe more than anything, I'm excited for the hype to finally die down.