LAMB #313 - hal0000's Movie Reviews




















URL: http://hal0000.blogspot.com/
Site Name: hal0000's Movie Reviews
Categories: Reviews, Classic Film, General
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
This blog focuses on my favorite films, and is a way for me to express my love for them. I tend to focus on Classic films, but in no way do I confine myself to a single era/genre. I like films for many reasons. I may occasionally post on contemporary films that catch my eye, but I tend to focus more on films I've seen more than once. I think great films should stand up to multiple viewings, and that a favorite film must be that way for a reason. That is, you can't like a film solely for the sake of liking it. I think it's great that the DVD can be used to share captures of shots you feel resonate particularly well, and I don't think these things should be brushed off lightly. There's a lot of sweat and blood that went into making films, the least a viewer can do is devote serious thought to each one they like.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
This is just a personal goal to help maintain my sanity and hopefully share some thoughts. It's not so much a cry for attention (although I enjoy discussion) as it is a catalogue of my perspectives. They may change over time and this'll serve as a time capsule of sorts.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
Absolutely an interactive community. I'm a cinephile, but a self-taught one. Everything is a learning process.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have been blogging for about 5-6 months now. I try to post at least a few times a month although this can vary. Generally, I prefer making longer posts and I'm very meticulous about editing them to make them half-way decent. I try to treat each post with care because I want them to stand up over time.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Rear Window, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Ace in the Hole.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I followed outofthepastcfb.blogspot.com's link to LAMB.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I hope my amateur thoughts can be shared!