A Night at the LAMMYs by Jason Soto

"The day the invitation came in the mail was probably the best day of my life. I hardly get invited anywhere. There was this one time I was invited to the Best Website Awards and I got so excited that I ended up buying drinks at the pre-show party and in turn everyone bought me drinks. By the time the ceremony started, I was seeing double and I ended up throwing up on SomethingAwful.com. 4chan took pics of it.

But seeing I was finally nominated for an award I guess it made sense I get invited to the ceremony. I went and put on my best ironic T-Shirt (my offical Snakes On A Mothafuckin Plane shirt) and rented a 1993 Honda Hatchback for the occasion. Only the best I say!

I tried to get a date but my fiancee thought what I do is a bit silly and is mildly embarrassed about it. Whenever anyone asks her what I do for a hobby she says "collect scissors." Cause that hobby better than telling everyone how horrible movies are."



No slight intended to anyone else who has been awesome enough to post something on their site about the LAMMYs (be it about a nomination, a win, or just in general), but Jason over at Invasion of the B Movies has put up the granddaddy of LAMMY posts. See, Jason had just won the Best Theme award and couldn't wait to share with the world his experience at the show. As a bonus, he's even given me a great idea for something to incorporate into the LAMMYs (I'll do it for this year, but it's arrival will seem later than it should be).

Read the rest of his fantastic post here.