LAMB #327 - Lux

















URL: http://luckyluxy.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Lux
Categories: Reviews, News, Editorials, Humor, Classic Film, General
Rating: R

What is the main focus of your site?
The main objective of my site is to expose some films that are relatively unheard of, and or is least likely consumed by the populous. Although I will not limit myself to just independent and foreign films per say, I will try to evaluate the value of each films I review to their uttermost importance in our society, in our art, and in our psyches. It is relatively a new blog almost finding it's niche, I hope that it will broaden anyone's horizon in the cinematic perspective much how movies had broadened mine.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Personally, I would like to get better with my techniques as a writer. I would like to expand my vocabulary and be more critical and analytical. Living in Chicago, I could not help appreciate the arts, may it be in any medium presented. I love literature and if this will make me a better writer, critic, analyst, etc... I welcome any criticism and positive feedback (as long as they are more positive, and less malicious.) At the same time, I would love to eventually be one of the top ten film Bloggers.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I prefer interactions and feedback, as much of it as possible.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have loved movies all my life, my blog just recently (fully) is devoted to films. I post weekly at the least once every week.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
The Crow, Vanilla Sky (very underestimated movie in my opinion), Strangers on a Train.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Surfing the web.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
Who is your favorite director and why?

I love Alfred Hitchcock and his film noir genre of suspense thrillers. Hitchcock was the very first of his kind to show human nature at it's ugliest. Building suspense through mistrust, hate, anguish, revenge, betrayal, and scorn. Knowing full well that all this and more would make the greatest of killers and murderers.