LAMB #328 - Oxford Film Freak
















URL: http://www.oxfordfilmfreak.com/
Site Name: Oxford Film Freak
Categories: Movie Reviews, General Movie News, Mississippi Movie News, Film Festivals, Miscellaneous - usually random ranting
Rating: PG-13 (we are pretty careful)

What is the main focus of your site?
Movie reviews and focus on Southern film and film festivals - especially Mississippi

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I am currently a staff writer at a newspaper covering city hall and education but my long term goal is to be paid to write about entertainment. The blog allows me to have an outlet for writing about film more than in my current print position. I can cover a variety of topics that I am interested in rather than worrying about my local readership. It helps me to remain focused everyday on writing about film which is my eventual goal. Also, I write a weekly film column in a local arts magazine so the Oxfordfilmfreak name ties into that column allowing me to expand my print articles into the online world.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I would much prefer a dialogue between film lovers. I am in no way the expert and more often the student.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I began blogging in March 2008 regularly.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Godfather 2, Stand By Me, Up - first three films that come to mind - but my top list changes every time someone asks.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Through One Line Review.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.