LAMB #336 - Cinematronica



















URL: http://cinematronica.wordpress.com/
Site Name: Cinematronica
Categories: General (I will watch and review ANYTHING)
Rating: R (I'm a bit salty)

What is the main focus of your site?
To watch and review a movie every single day for the year 2009. I have no set genre of class or film I watch, so one day I'll be watching Love Is Colder Than Death, and the next day I'll be watching Double Dragon. I'm not only trying to broaden my own horizons, but the horizons of anybody reading my blog. I want to be more well-rounded in my love of a medium that is near and dear to my heart. I was inspired by Quint from Ain't It Cool News and his "A Movie A Day" article. When he fell off the wagon after about 9 months or so, I thought it would be a good idea for SOMEONE to take up the mantle and go all the way to the end of the year.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Well, first and foremost, I want to make it to the end of the year. My main goal is to fill up the calendar with movies I've watched and my thoughts about them. After that, I'd like to use Cinematronica as a sort of online resume for anyone interested in my work. I want more than anything to be a writer, chronicling what I love, the arts. I think I have the potential in me to go all the way as a paid movie critic (a dying art, but I'd still like to do it if I landed the job), a journalist, or a screenwriter. I just want to work in or around movies, and this blog is an attempt to let everyone know the lengths I'm willing to go and the hours I'm willing to work to get my material out there.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I love to hear what people have to say. I love movie discussions more than almost anything, and I relish the opportunity to respond to people's questions and comments. If anyone has anything they'd like to say, I want to hear about it. Even if it's an opinion that drives me crazy or that I strongly disagree with, I want to know.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I've been blogging on this site since January 1st, 2009, and I update the site every single day. If I can't put a review up that day, due to my many internet problems or real-life things that I have to attend to, I WILL post two reviews the next day. That is a guarantee I've stuck with this whole time, and I plan on keeping up with it until at least December 31st, 2009, where I might need a few days of movie-less rest.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
The Seventh Seal, The Fountain, Solaris (1972)

How did you hear about the LAMB?
A good blogging friend named Goregirl. She said that she would be applying soon and that I should do so as well. I concurred, and, well, here we are! (Incidentally, her blog at http://goregirl.wordpress.com/ is superb! Check it out!)

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
Would absolutely love to hear from other LAMB members on what they think of my blog. Open to suggestions about some good movies to watch and review.