LAMB #344 - zombots














URL: http://zombots.blogspot.com/
Site Name: zombots
Categories: Reviews
Rating: With some course language and descriptions of blood and gore, I'd rate my site PG13 (which is kind of ironic given that I generally disapprove of PG13 horror movies).

What is the main focus of your site?
The simple fact is that I love to talk about horror movies so I started blogging as a way to vent my frustrations or laud the films I thought were being passed over by mainstream audiences. In my reviews--some of which are spoilerific--I try to address key issues which I think either hurt or aided the film. Basically, I try to back up my claims while keeping the reviews within a reasonable word count.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
There are so many movies out there, I can't possibly watch them all, and I've got a list in the back of my brain to which I keep adding titles. I try to post a least a three or four reviews a month, but sometimes my academic schedule gets in the way and I only get to one or two. In addition to writing reviews on zombots, I also host a podcast about once a week, and my commitment to TheAvod (theavod.blogspot.com) supersedes my devotion to zombots.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I am the only contributor to my blog but I happily encourage people to respond with a comments section.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I've been blogging for about a year and the site is 99% horror and 1% Steven Seagal. I try to review lesser-known films but I don't go out of my way to track down the really obscure titles, and the occasional blockbuster does slip through.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
I hope that zombots is deemed a good fit for LAMB and that you don't think less of me because three of my favourite movies are From Dusk Til Dawn, Wrong Turn, and Sleeping Beauty.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I randomly heard about LAMB through Google, I think it was. Or possibly twitter. Honestly, I can't remember!

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.