LAMB #351 - The Cinema 4 Pylon















URL: http://cinema4pylon.blogspot.com/
Site Name: The Cinema 4 Pylon
Categories: Reviews, Editorials, Horror, Classic Film, General... I do a little bit about everything really.
Rating: Don't follow or believe in ratings, but I try to maintain a PG-13, but will lapse into R with necessary force, and leave open the possibility to go all NC-17 if I feel like it. I do not believe in censorship at all, but I do try to maintain a classy exterior...

What is the main focus of your site?
The focus of my site is not on reviewing films, but on reviewing how films affect me. It's not really therapy through film-watching, but it sometimes comes remarkably close.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I do not have blogging goals. I have writing goals. Blogging is just the act of putting your writing online in journal form. I do write professionally for a soccer magazine, but that is not my area of interest, just a means of financial support. I usually refer to The Cinema 4 Pylon as my online working notebook, and I feel free to revise it as much as I need to in order to bring myself nearer to satisfaction. I also use the blog to keep my friends updated on any projects in which I might be involved.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
Sometimes it seems the latter, but teaching is not for me. I would much prefer finally discovering some form of community where interactivity doesn't just involve my friends going "Well, that movie sounds interesting the way you wrote about it, but it's not for me." I would love to go back and forth with others on films, and both give and receive criticism on our writing efforts. Spout was fun for a while, but ultimately a failure in keeping my interest. Maybe this will be a way to finally do it in an interesting fashion.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have been posting on The Cinema 4 Pylon for almost 4 years now (first post: October 5, 2005). When I am feeling aces, I try to post as frequently as I can write. I have been sick through the summer, so I went on virtual shutdown for a couple of months. But now I am back.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).

King Kong, The Seven Samurai, Strangers on a Train


How did you hear about the LAMB?
On do you have a flag? (http://cheerfuld.blogspot.com/), who was following me. When I decided to reciprocate, I discovered your button and said "Wha-?"

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I do not just write about movies on The Cinema 4 Pylon. I write about any interest I might have: books, music, theatre, travel, art... I am currently featuring a series of surrealist game-derived comics and art my brothers and I created during our recently completed reunion vacation. The bulk of the material (probably 75%), though, consists of my meanderings through my own form of film criticism.