LAMB #353 - Cinema Comment




















URL: http://www.cinemacomment.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Cinema Comment
Categories: Reviews, Classic Film, General
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
The mission of Cinema Comment is to critically review film from every level, at the highest level that we are capable of attaining. The best criticism is done holistically, taking into account theory, politics, and economics that shape the work. It is our goal, as critics, to point out the art that succeeds and describe why it does so. Likewise, it is also our job to do the same with what fails. Finally, criticism is not only an act of taking apart. The act, in its sum, should posit something.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
My favorite movie reviewer is Stephen Hunter (although now I love Dana White). I loved the way he was included in the Tony Kornheiser radio show. It was brilliant and so fun to be a part of. I would love to bring quality reviews to popular culture again.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I want my top 5's to be interactive, while the reviews to be more instructor-like. The stuff that people like is pretty subjective, but the reviews, from a technical aspect are a lot more cut and dried. I like to focus my reviews around the formal aspect of film and let the emotions be informed by that. My main criteria for a good film is the ideal matching of content to form.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have been going since February of 2008 on my site appliepragmatism.blogspot.com and started cinemacomment.blogspot.com in March of 2009. I post at least twice a week when I am able. Being in the military I sometimes have other commitments, but always try to have enough content on hand to get me through the lean times.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Manhattan, The Chungking Express, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Clicking around on the internet, following links.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I hope that everyone gives my site a chance. On it's best days it is the type of thing that gets the attention of people that want a higher quality of review.