LAMB #360 - the m0vie blog





















URL: http://m0vie.wordpress.com/
Site Name: the m0vie blog
Categories: Reviews, News, Editorials, General
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
Pop culture. There's a large focus on movies (more that 80% of my posts are on cinema), but there's also room for discussion of television, theatre and comic books. But the main focus is always movies, either drawing attention to breaking news, or commenting on trends or even just rants on things that occurred to me while watching a movie late the previous night.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Just a place to air my views and also a chance to improve my writing and - hopefully through that - improve my knowledge and understanding of popular culture (with an emphasis on films). I also noticed there were relatively few Irish bloggers on-line, and given we are quite an opinionated sort I decided to fix that. I think every blogger hopes that someday they might have a professional job that resembles what they do now, but I am realistic enough to accept that it's unlikely and I just blog because I enjoy it.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I like discussion and debate, and I like participation and back-and-forth. That's perhaps the main appeal of on-line blogging: there's no qualification required for entry and thus no formal hierarchy.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
Been blogging since May 2009, and I try to post at least once a day (usually twice) for the working days of each month - though I occasionally go on holidays.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
The Godfather
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Brazil


How did you hear about the LAMB?
Google search for associations of movie bloggers.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.