LAMB #376 - When Is Evil Cool?













URL: http://www.vaultofthebankrobber.blogspot.com/
Site Name: When Is Evil Cool?
Categories: Action movies, Comedy, Horror, Science Fiction, the old and new.
Rating: Usually PG

What is the main focus of your site?
Up until very recently my blog had no focus. It was just something to do on my lunch break at work or to kill time usually spent watching bad TV. However these days I’ve been talking more and more about movies. Usually the kind of movies I really liked when I was a kid and that I've seen about 100 times. Mostly action adventure and horror type stuff with spaghetti westerns and sci-fi thrown in from time to time.

I did a whole month’s worth of posts (40+) on Ridley Scott’s Alien where I talked about the story, the character, the special effects and how the movie was made. Currently I’m doing a weekly post on the movie The Warriors, a monthly post on the movie Predator, and I just started a twice a month feature called The History of Bad Men. The History of Bad Men posts will focus on a particular villain or bad guy from movies that I dig.

Originally The History of Bad Men was what When Is Evil Cool? was supposed to be all about.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Not much actually. I mostly like to blog for fun. It’s sort of my hobby I guess.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I’m not qualified to teach anybody anything but I can go on and on about movies. I really like blogging because you can bring up something and type out your piece and then people of a like mind (or not) can read it and chime in on it with their thoughts. That’s brilliant.

I like when I spend an hour or so typing out my thoughts about the finer points of something like say … Jaws and then post it for all to see. I especially like to then wake up the next morning and have a bunch of comments from people saying what they liked from my piece or bring up points of their own. They don’t know me and I don’t know them but we’re all talking about something we’re all into.

So you can put me down for interactive community.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
My blog will be exactly 1 years old this month.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
For now I’ll say: Repo Man, There Will be Blood, and Escape from New York. Only because I just watched all three of them this week. Each for the umpteenth time.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I’ve heard it mentioned here or there on other blogs but I probably became fully aware of LAMB from visiting Fletch’s Blog Cabins.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I’d just like to say that my blog When is Evil Cool? is a work in progress and that I hope you’ll check it out. Thanks for taking the time to read this.