LAMB #379 - Breathing Movies




















URL: http://breathingmovies.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Breathing Movies
Categories: Reviews
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
Lots of independent movies, very personal and hopefully entertaining movie reviews.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
To share my very personal thoughts and feelings of the movies I see. So often, I read reviews that all sound the same, because they just talk about the plot and then try to give an "objective opinion". That's an oxymoron and boring to me. I really love when I can see the writer behind a review, what mood he was in when he saw the film. And that's what I am trying to do. It's really more of a movie diary -- my goal being to watch and review one movie a day... for the rest of my life. First and foremost, I am doing this for myself, but it's nice to see that there's people who actually appreciate it.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I'd prefer my blog to be interactive, a place to discuss movies, unfortunately, most of my readers just read quietly, and I have also experienced that most movie bloggers out there aren't really looking to communicate and discuss about movies, cause when I strike up a conversation under one of their posts, it never goes anywhere. It's sad, I think.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have been blogging since February 2009.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Tough! Okay, I'll try. WONDER BOYS. YOU CAN COUNT ON ME. EAST OF EDEN.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I clicked from one movie blog to the next and eventually landed on your site.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.