Introducing...the Events Calendar

I have yet to think of a snazzy (read: dumb) name for it, but I'm introducing a new feature here. Astute readers of the LAMB might have already noticed the new set of buttons near the top of the left sidebar.

Anyway, I put out the call for suggestions on ways to make the LAMB better on its Facebook page, and Simon of Screen Insight came back with this:

"maybe news of events people could follow as bloggers/support as bloggers. the HotDocs has been covered by loads of people on their blogs but, alas, nothing on the LAMB site."

Well, I thought, how could this best be accomplished. What I came up with was a calendar of events, and thankfully, the Google robots had pretty much just what I was looking for. The new Page I created for it has a dynamic (read: you don't have to go to multiple pages) calendar that I figure can house any news of upcoming blog-a-thons, memes, festival/awards coverage, or anything else calendar-worth going on at LAMBs' sites.

(It should be noted that, once upon a time, Ed Howard of Only the Cinema had a Film Bloggers Calendar website (blog) set up to accomplish essentially the same thing, though it was unaffiliated with the LAMB (any film blogger could be added to it), and more importantly, is no longer active.)

Yes, there will be some overlap with the PLUGs that get posted, but I'm not all that concerned about that. New posts won't be put up for calendar events - if someone sends me something (instructions at the bottom of the post page), I'll add it and it'll always be there for those interested.

Again, here's the link to the new page: http://largeassmovieblogs.blogspot.com/p/event-calendar.html. Do check it out, and feel free to offer suggestions and such.