LAMB #561 - Immortal Ephemera


















URL: http://www.things-and-other-stuff.com/
Site Name: Immortal Ephemera
Categories: Classic Film, Collectibles
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
Classic film and movie stars from the Silent Age through the Golden Age, with a special emphasis on the 1930's because it's my favorite decade. Most posts are illustrated with vintage movie cards and collectibles of the period and several posts are dedicated to the collectibles themselves.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
My original goal was to sell more collectibles, as my business is selling all those items illustrating my posts and that came well before the blog. As time has gone on I've found I enjoy writing more and more about the classic movies and stars themselves. My original goal was to try to make collectors out of all the classic film fans I could reach, but truth be told my biggest kicks right now come from introducing somebody to a title they haven't seen before. Anytime I can gain just one more fan to a classic movie I love, well, that's tough to beat!

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I think we'd all love to see a stream of comments coming with each and every post but with the way the web's gone social and indirect comments through sites like Twitter and Facebook becoming as common as direct comments on the blogs themselves I'm just happy spouting off for whoever is willing to listen and walking away without anyone calling me an idiot.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
The blog Immortal Ephemera has technically been active since late 2009, though it's a part of my larger movie card and collectibles site which has been live since 2002. Earlier blog posts dating to 2005 were imported to Immortal Ephemera at launch.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Employees' Entrance (1933)
The Sea Wolf (1941)
The Razor's Edge (1946)

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I've seen the LAMB button on many of the classic film blogs I visit.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I also have a fan site dedicated to 1930's and 40's star Warren William .