LAMB #574 - Junta Juleil's Culture Shock



















URL: http://juntajuleil.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Junta Juleil's Culture Shock
Categories: Reviews, Humor, Horror, Classic Film
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
For the most part, revisiting well-known, obscure, & mind-blowing action and horror masterpieces (and trashterpieces), with a recurring focus on the oeuvres of, say, Charles Bronson, Michael Ironside, Dario Argento, John Carpenter, and Golan & Globus.

As film is a collaborative art, most of my posts focus on the professionals that contributed their passion to these works. Thus there are tributes to cinematographers, composers, directors, editors, etc.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I enjoy the learning process of an in-depth, intermittent exploration of a career which might not traditionally warrant the commitment (i.e., Ironside, Clu Gulager, et al.). I get a kick out of sharing my views with readers, turning them on to films they otherwise might not have seen; and, conversely, assembling a like-minded readership whose recommendations and views become essential to me. Love of obscure cinema should not be a "who's seen what" battle of one-upsmanship; I prefer a collaborative community of individuals who happen share their favorite things with one another.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I definitely prefer an interactive community, I like to think that my readers learn as much from me as I learn from them.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
It's been active since October 2008, and updates consistently occur five or six times a week.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
The Misfits
Tenebre


How did you hear about the LAMB?
Through the blog Radiator Heaven.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.