LAMB #588 - John Likes Movies





















URL: http://john-likes-movies.blogspot.com/
Site Name: John Likes Movies
Categories: Reviews, General, News, Editorials, Classic Film, Lists
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
My site features mainly reviews of old and new films. The goal is to give readers the opinion of a film lover, aspiring journalist and college student.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I would love to blog professionally. It's hard to do, but I'm young and would love to try to get to that place someday. If I don't, I'll still be happy with the opportunity to spread my love of movies to others.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I love an interactive community. Every month, I post a long list of films and ask readers to choose which ones I watch. I also respond to all comments I see.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
My site has been active since November 2009. On average, I'd say I post about five times per week.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
2001: A Space Odyssey, The Godfather, Psycho

How did you hear about the LAMB?
On Twitter from other bloggers involved.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
How long have you been writing for?

I've been writing features for two years in my college newspaper (Lehigh University's Brown and White). I've been the editorial page editor for a semester, in charge of writing an editorial twice a week. I've also written film reviews and done interviews with Ben Stiller, Noah Baumbach, and Nash Edgerton (director of The Square) for the newspaper.