LAMB #623 - Slacker Cinema

















URL: http://www.slackercinema.com/
Site Name: Slacker Cinema
Categories: Reviews, General, News, Editorials, Humor, Classic Film, Sarcasm
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
I cover DVD and cinema releases as well as informed comment about living in a world led by film. I also do a weekly retro review of a forgotten film which i call my 'Obscurity Files'.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I haven't been writing to this extent for long, but I hope to write about film professionally. I'm always going to write this blog, but would love the chance to write for a printed publication or contribute to a higher profile film blog.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I'm very much about informed discussion. I'd love to receive more feedback and comments on my site, which I'm sure membership of the LAMB would help me get.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I am into my third month writing on this blog and try to post on a daily basis. I have regular features such as my DVD and trailer reviews and try to post cinema reviews as often as I can. I also like to air my opinions about films, and the state of the UK DVD market.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Back To The Future, Dazed and Confused, Ghostbusters.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
It was featured on The Incredible Suit, one of the blogs I read.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
In many ways I'm the archetypal movie blogger. I have a degree in Film Studies that's largely worthless, and have managed to get stuck working at a chain DVD rental store (you know which one).