LAMB #709 - Secure Immaturity




















URL: http://secureimmaturity.com/
Site Name: Secure Immaturity
Categories: Reviews, Editorials, Humor, Lists, Geek Nostalgia
Rating: R

What is the main focus of your site?
Just a tad bit off from stream of consciousness, Secure Immaturity exists to review 'old' (relative) films with a geeky or genre bent, television shows that mean something to me (and probably just me), books of interest, and the occasional sports opinion. Less frequently, recently released films will appear as reviewed. Currently there are 124 movie reviews in six different categories and 43 book reviews mixed in with numerous blog entries and random thoughts.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I never plan or expect to be paid for my blog. It is purely recreational though I have tried, for a few years now, to score some interviews with genre related celebrities. I've made some decent contacts and spread the 'brand' through podcasts and such (SI used to be a podcast back in the day, producing 30+ episodes) but much more is desired. I've only just begun! (Well, three years ago. . .but. . .)

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
Interactive would be awesome! I love reading and responding to comments. I get a nice little thrill when my phone beeps at me and says someone replied to my blog posting. . .usually it's my mom.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
The site was launched in December of 2007 and was merely an online blog that co-existed with the main property that was the website. SI, at that time, was run by myself and a friend. In November of 2008 I started making the website more review heavy and when the podcast ended in April of 2009 I took full control of the site. For the next year, I had a lot of guest contributors and tried to make the website a TEAM effort but I realized it was mostly successful when I took full control and posted regularly. I consider SI to have originated in it's current and correct form in April/May 2009 to the present.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Heat. Aliens. Halloween.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Surfin'. I've been trying to spread the SI love around and been hitting up links from links from links from friends and I stumbled upon it and it seemed interesting.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I need someone other then my mom, one of my ex-girlfriends, and my work friends to read this!!!!!!! Please!!!!! Naw, just playin'. My website is my second life and I put a lot of work into it and want to share my love (or hate) of odd things with people.