LAMB #312 - Movie Mobsters














URL: http://roddysrockinreviews.wordpress.com/
Site Name: Movie Mobsters
Categories: Reviews from 1950-Present Date, Top Ten Lists, Polls, Actor and Actress Highlights, Best and Worst of The Week, and General film entertainment
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
To entertain. When I started building the site I asked myself as a movie fan what I would want on a site if I were to visit it everyday. I structured the site around that ideal, making it inviting to readers, user friendly, interactive, and reviews that don't spoil the movies, but give a perspective that explores all aspects of what I enjoyed or disliked about the movie. I also have added a large data base of classic films. A lot of people don't watch older movies, and here was a great way to turn somebody on to a great movie they might not have seen that came out twenty-five or thirty years ago.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Personally, I just enjoy sharing and talking about movies. It's something I've always been passionate about. Writing is also something that I've always been passionate about. Together the two are peas and carrots. Professionally, I've wandered down that path and briefly wrote professionally. It's something I keep in mind for the future, but for the time being I'm enjoying having complete creative freedom to make the site what I want.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
By all means this is geared to be interactive. I may have knowledge others don't and vice versa. At the end of the day, it is based mostly on opinions. This is all about people interacting.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I've been blogging for over a year and generally update the site on a daily basis. I try to have at least one review a day or some new information to share.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Aliens
Se7en
Terminator 2: Judgement Day


How did you hear about the LAMB?
The Film Reel.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
My goal is to just further this positive experience I'm already living and take it to yet another level. I'm ready to share it with others and have others share it with me.