LAMB #341 - Entertain Me! Screen Insight

[Editor's note: Entertain Me! is now Screen Insight.]



















URL: http://www.screeninsight.com/
Site Name: Screen Insight
Categories: Reviews, Classic Film, General
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
I want to review and contextualise every aspect of cinema. It shows the reason I watched the film and then expands upon this with information about the film itself - and why it is important. This means it could be Hitchcock's The Ring being reviewed or Slumdog Millionnaire. Nothing is ignored on the site.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I am trying to become a better analyser of films - trying to perfect my 'voice', in terms of writing and by writing a blog I force myself to research and, essentially, revise the information I have learnt by explaining it to others. Apparently, through reading information you remember 10% of the information, through teaching the information you learn something like 70%. This blog forces me to be aware of the information I learn in my personal life on cinema. In the long term, I hope to write non-fiction books on cinema and this will help me establish my name, get contacts and ultimately become a better writer.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
Interactive - as you can see from my answer to the last question, I want to learn from my mistakes and become more knowledgeable about my 'craft' and the only way I can do that is either listening to other people views and opinions or arguing issues out with others.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I have been on blogger for years but, initially, found I had little purpose in writing a blog about what I am doing with my life. This focus on film reviews has a clearer purpose and I have been doing this since December 2008, officially since April 2009. As a teacher, I update regularly during holidays and then more staggered during term time. When I write a lot of reviews I will 'release' them every two days. Currently I have six reviews waiting to go over the couple of weeks.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Jurassic Park (many years of my life was spent watching this as a child)
The Godfather (Initially it was Part II, but the more I watch this one, the better it is)
Unbreakable (I am a huge M. Night Shyamalan fan)

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Apparently you need to comment and use other peoples blogs to get more interest to yours - and the majority of the movie blogs i visited had this logo at the side! I look forward to being a LAMB member myself!

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
What do you expect from readers of you blog?

I am keen to hear other peoples views on my writing and my opinion n films - so i can improve my work and become a much more professional writer of film.