LAMB #362 - Kinematoscope















URL: http://kinematoscope.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Kinematoscope
Categories: Reviews, Humor, Classic Film, General
Rating: PG-13 for mild language, brief drug use, and "adult situations"

What is the main focus of your site?
Counting down the entire IMDB.com top 250 films, offering not only reviews, but humorous modern perspective and cultural context of said 250. Also I cover books made into films, various news and opinion and wonkery, and of course I go bananas with Oscar coverage.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Goals? Lots of readers with funny/pithy things to say to me. (If someone were to make me a professional blogger I would not spit in that someone's face, however).

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I am decidedly NOT a teacher- I prefer to be the class clown that gets everybody wildly off-topic, metaphorically speaking.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I started under a different URL in September of 07, and moved to Kinematoscope last summer in July, so two years (with some breaks in there for overbearing college loads and so forth). I am currently posting two Top 250 countdown entries a week, and about three other posts besides (on average).

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Fall, and Primer.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I saw one of the shiny buttons on another blog (Lolita's Classics) and clicked through for the awesomeness.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
For those wondering, a kinematoscope was a handivac-shaped thing you looked into and saw moving images in, a forerunner of cinema- this might make it sound like my blog is a high-minded History of Film 101 type thing, but mostly I'm just a crazy film enthusiast on a quest to blog about awesome things. And "kinematoscope" was the coolest sounding thing I could get on blogger.