LAMB #363 - what-song
















URL: http://www.what-song.com/
Site Name: what-song
Categories: Movie Music/Soundtrack
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
My sites focus is to deliver users music and soundtrack information for the latest movies. It aims to deliver scene descriptions, time information and music samples, for each song, all directly from out site. I currently only have around 450 movies and over 8000 songs, but it is growing fast. My site also has a section for TV and trailers, but I tend to update this less often. Keeping up with the movies keeps me busy enough for now.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
At the moment, I am simply trying to provide an adequate resource for myself and other movie and music lovers. I could never find a website that gave this type of information. It provides users with information I am assuming they would like to know. Not only can they find and listen to songs they heard in movies, but they can vote on their favorite scenes and songs. See a top 10 list of most popular artists. See a top 250 list of most popular songs in relation to scenes and is free to use.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
At the moment, it is pretty much just me running the site, our users can leave comments and interact with the site in many ways, and I strongly encourage them to. Users can add their own movies, music and scenes, however I am just testing this out right now, we intend to limit users having total control in the future and we are looking for dedicated contributors who will be with our site in the future.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I used to run a free blog with Wordpress for about 3 months, but this site has been online for around 8 months now. I post new movies and scenes almost every day. I average at the moment around 40-50 new movies a month. Once I get some ‘contributors’ I hope to increase this number.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
American Beauty, Dumb and Dumber, Knocked Up. That’s probably wrong, but they came into my head first.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I came across you while looking through random movie sites. I think it was through MovieZeal actually.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.