The LAMBcast has landed!

After weeks and months of discussion and preparation and schedule-fitting, the LAMB is proud to present its inaugural podcast, the creatively titled LAMBcast.

In it, I was joined by two of your fellow LAMBs, the man from Down Under, Tom Clift of Plus Trailers, and Mike Mendez of Big Mike's Movie Blog. It was, as discussed, a raw and somewhat experimental affair, as none of us had ever previously participated or produced a podcast. So yes, there are plenty of "uhs" and "umms" and a handful of awkward silences, but that's what happens when you throw three people (from around the world) who've never spoken into a live arena.

Clocking in at around 34 minutes, it's a bit longer than what I'd originally planned, but I think it's a pretty tight, good listen - it was perfect for my drive to work this morning, anyway! All in all, though, I'm proud of what we've come up with and am positive that it's only going to get better from here. I hope you'll join us, either as a listener or, if you're interested, as a fellow podcaster. For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums.

Here's a sampling of what we learned this time out:

* Big Mike is in love with the sound of his own voice. ;)

* Tom is in need of a microphone (which I believe he's already purchased since this was recorded).

* I was more nervous/unprepared than I thought I would be, a result of a last-minute drive-and-dash to purchase my own headset/mic prior to recording.

* I didn't do as good of a job as I had thought in synching up the audio tracks, as evidenced in a slight echo audible in certain spots.

* The music, as provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod's Incompetech website, is the bomb. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service.

* Somehow, I was the biggest Trekkie in the room.


Subscribe Free  Add to my Page

Additional sites mentioned during the podcast:

* Phil's Movie Blog
* Not all Texans ride horses to school
* when is evil cool?
* Random Picture Day

A smaller version of the above widget has been added to the left sidebar; if you'd like to add it to your site (you would like to!), feel free. We're not yet listed on iTunes, but I've submitted the feed and it ought to be added in the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, we'd love to hear them. I'd like to send big, big thanks out to Mike and Tom for participating, and additional thanks to the folks at Punch Drunk Critics, Movie Zeal, and Subject: Cinema for giving me advice and/or inspiration and/or tech ideas (directly or indirectly) along the way with their podcasts.