LAMB #367 - Common Sense Movie Reviews
















URL: http://www.commonsensemoviereviews.com/
Site Name: Common Sense Movie Reviews
Categories: Movie & TV Reviews
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
Main focus is the review of movies and TV shows (which for the most part are available on DVD) occasionally I'll review a new film that is in theaters if something strikes me as really worth seeing, but most of the time I wait until its DVD release. I have no one particular genre of film; I watch and review a little bit of everything.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
These movies reviews started out as primarily a creative outlet for me, I find the creation process and the writing process relaxing and enjoyable, and that's still the main purpose, it's a hobby. Secondary is hopefully entertaining and informing people about movies worth renting or worth saying away from.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
Definitely interactive, I always appreciate comments, discussions and even disagreements as long as it's kept civil, if you're going to start cursing me out because my opinions don't bother commenting!

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
My first movie review was back in February of 2005 on Rotten Tomatoes, and I enjoyed posting there for about 3 years until they began fooling around with the website and ruined the journal section, even prior to the current makeover the journal section had become a pain, so I started my own site in July of 2008 and have continued on. Over the last few months I've tried to post daily, sometimes two posts a day, but that fluctuates so I would say I post a minimum of 4-5 times a week.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

How did you hear about the LAMB?
From a fellow blogger friend.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
Some additional info on my site, I try to do more than just simple movie reviews, I also have in-depth reviews of all the Bond films (currently in the process of re-posting those from Rotten Tomatoes) and I spotlight some of my favorite actresses in a section I call The Answer's Angels (also currently in the process of transferring over.) Also looking it restart the section I had at Rotten Tomatoes called Request a Review, where readers would choose what film I would review next, and a few other things I might be bringing back that keep the site fresh and unique.