LAMB #380 - Bargain Bin Review



















URL: http://www.bargainbinreview.com/
Site Name: Bargain Bin Review
Categories: B-movie reviews, Bad movies, Humor, Mockbusters
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
Since November 2007, the Bargain Bin Review has been taking on the kind of films no one else will touch. Specifically, the kind of obviously terrible straight-to-rental films that clog up the shelves of your local video store. Ultimately, The 'Bin is looking for the best of the best of the worst -- those films that are so monumentally bad that they circle back around to being good fun.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
In the short term, my goals are pretty modest: To challenge myself as a writer and to slowly grow and evolve The 'Bin over time. I don't see The 'Bin going heavily into commerce in the long term, but I would like to publish a book of my reviews.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers are the students?
I'd definitely prefer an interactive community, and commonly include a poll in the review for readers to chime in to. I also run The Binnie Awards, a special poll-driven piece I do around Oscar time where I allow readers to vote for such awards as "Best Take on the Zombie Genre" and "Movie You Still Can't Believe Is A Real Movie."

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I launched the Bargain Bin Review in November 2007, and post a new piece every Friday.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
My three favorite movies are all way too good to be reviewed at The 'Bin. Three of the more... memorable movies I've covered on The 'Bin are The Dragon Lives Again, Sunday School Musical and My Little Pony: The Movie.

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I had an evening to myself and thought I'd spend it looking around for different ways to get the word about The 'Bin out there. Your site was one of the first to come up, and I quickly realized that LAMB was something I wanted to be part of.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
In addition to reviews of obviously bad, straight-to-rental movies and the occasional Bin Special (quasi-related one-off pieces), the Bargain Bin Review also has a couple of recurring features. The script is flipped in Crap Of The Titans: Instead of reviewing terrible movies no one has heard of, The 'Bin takes on terrible movies that everyone has heard of (e.g. Catwoman, Gigli). I've very recently agreed to take on the B-Movie Meatloaf, a bi-monthly round-table started by the guys at Strictly Splatter. And every week, The 'Bin features a choice site/event/Internet sensation as its Link O' The Week.