LAMB #525 - Goodfella's Movie Blog
















URL: http://goodfellamovies.blogspot.com/
Site Name: Goodfella's Movie Blog
Categories: Review, General, Classic Film, Lists
Rating: PG

What is the main focus of your site?
The main focus of the site has mainly been on countdowns and lists of various sorts. The countdowns entail an entry that serves as a full review of the films included. At the end of 2009, I completed a "Year's Best Countdown" and the site is now nearing the conclusion of a Top 100 Noir countdown.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Basically, the one reason that I started the blog was just to have an avenue to publish some thoughts on my own personal journey through cinema. I have no illusion of being a professional critic or any kind of film scholar. I'm just a guy who loves movies and wants a place to be able to say something about films most recently viewed. Then, the real fun for me is being able to hear feedback from readers and discuss the films.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
Absolutely prefer interactive. The real fun for me comes in getting feedback from visitors and discussing various aspects of films and cinema. If I didn't get any comments, I doubt that I would continue blogging.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
The blog was started in May 2009. The frequency of posts depends a bit on what is going on. For the Year's Best Countdown - which covered each year from 1930 to 2008 - the updates were every other day. For the noir countdown, new entries are posted each day. So, I stay pretty active.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Rear Window (Hitchcock)
Goodfellas (Scorsese)
The New World (Malick)

How did you hear about the LAMB?
Links at various blogs that I visit regularly.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None.