LAMB #677 - Tinsel & Tine


















URL: http://www.tinseltine.com/
Site Name: Tinsel & Tine
Categories: Reviews, News, Editorials, Humor, Sympatico of Film & Food
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
Tinsel & Tine is a blog about discovering what's pleasing in Film and Food. However, most posts are film-centric; a combination of film commentary, film events and film festival coverage, told from the perspective of a lover of good storytelling and good eating!

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I like the idea of bringing upbeat entertainment to my readers. It's important to me that I'm never snarky, jaded or condescending. I admire the creativity and energy required to make a short film from your iphone to a big budget studio spectacular. Movie/Films are reviewed and discussed on so many sites; confirmed further by having discovered The LAMB, so readers have to find a voice they like. It's the "Oprah Effect", you may be able to get the same information somewhere else, but you prefer to hear it from Oprah.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
Comments are welcome. Would love to hear from film aficionados and occasional moviegoers - serious foodies and casual diner or anyone in between.

I encourage Film Festival attendees to e-mail me posts and pictures from their own film festival experiences. Particularly would love to hear about Film & Food tie-ins.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
My blog started July 2008 with the same type of content but was then called "Suck My Pretty Toes", I changed the name January 2010 to Tinsel & Tine. I make a minimum of a post a week and spend many hours on the web finding sites to link to or make comments on, in order to bring traffic back to Tinsel & Tine.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
I have many favourites, here are three of them:
Rebecca, Rain Man, An Education

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I was on a blog called film-obsessed and saw the logo.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
I don't consider myself a dyed-in-the-wool film buff, but I am always excited about going to the movies; to experience those 2-3 hours when the real world disappears and in its place are characters, places, stories and adventures to contemplate, savor, question and perceive.