PLUG: Up Country

As some of you have probably heard, I'm working on my next film, sort of a throwback Hitchcockian horror/thriller set in the North Maine woods in an area so remote they don't even bother to name the towns. The working title is UP COUNTRY, but I'll probably change it to something else.

It's a departure for me, for sure, but I think a good opportunity to flex those filmmaker muscles in a different direction. At least, that's the theory.

Anyway, because of the costs, etc of getting people and equipment to the northern part of Maine, I'm raising money for the film via Kickstarter.

But with a bit of a twist...I'm writing the story as a serialized novella that'll eventually become the film. Every $500 we raise, I release another chapter. So far there's 2 chapters, which you can read here. As far as I know, no one's done this yet as a Kickstarter campaign, so it should be pretty cool

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to plug the campaign on your blogs (or whatever) or write about them or if you wanted to carry the chapters as they get released. Pretty much whatever you feel like. I'm trying to cast as wide a net as possible in order to get this thing funded.

There's a handy widget on the Kickstarter site that you can embed (see below). That always helps.



Thanks a bunch!
Lucas McNelly

Got a Press Release, something to Plug, or a Screener available for review (or some combination of the three)? Ok, don't get all crazy about it. Just click here and give me the details (what, when, where, and a link, for starters) - I'll handle the rest.