LAMB #643 - From The Depths Of DVD Hell















URL: http://fromthedepthsofdvdhell.blogspot.com/
Site Name: From The Depths Of DVD Hell
Categories: Reviews, Editorials, Horror, Lists, Cult Fiction and Cult, Foreign and Obscure Cinema
Rating: R

What is the main focus of your site?
My love letter to the cinema I adore, with the main focus being to look away from the mainstream and instead look more in the direction of Cult, Foreign and Obscure cinema and everything that comes in between.

This blog is also about keeping movie going fun and embracing the randomness, that can often be found, while also uncovering the occasional hidden great, often in the most unlikely of places.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
Writing to share my love for these kinds of movies, which far to frequently get over looked, while trying to inspire my readers, to watch something they might not have looked at otherwise.

My other real goal is to write a blog, free from the corruption of freebies and the studio system and to write honest and personal criticism.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I definitely prefer writing for an interactive audience, as it often helps you to look at films more differently than if you just keep it strictly to your own personal opinion.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
I've been writing the blog, for about a year and a half, with my focus being on trying to post something new each week, which might be a lot less than some of my fellow bloggers, but I'd rather keep it fun, than turn it into a chore, which is always the risk with frenzied blogging.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
A Clockwork Orange
Pulp Fiction
Freaks


How did you hear about the LAMB?
Scare Sarah.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
Who would you say is under rated on the blogging scene?

I try to keep a list of these blogs on the blog, with the first ones which comes to mind being "Things That Don't Suck", "The Death Rattle", "Cavalcade of Perversions", "Scare Sarah" and "I like Horror Movies"